Ideology Inventory


When we first started talking about our YDEV ideologies in Intro to YDEV a year ago, I was certain I was a positive youth worker. We took the test and read descriptions and it turns out I was a critical youth worker. At first, I was discouraged I had never even done critical youth work before but then as we explored it more throughout the semester and I became more involved in critical youth work, I had found my passion. Since that discovery, and through my Social Work classes and our conversations with Youth in Action I have really come to the forefront as a critical youth worker. I am so passionate about social justice and speaking about oppression and injustices. I had thought I wanted to work with younger students until I realized that my passion for critical youth work could be really impactful with high school students. My work at my internship allows me to work with high school students on creating change in their school environment and we often talk about current issues regarding race, class and gender. Re-taking the inventory survey again just reassured me I had the same or similar values from before and that I was in the right place.

Comments

Popular Posts