YDEV Anchors


The three anchors that I feel most align with my views are; community, social justice and leading with. With my internship, and hopefully in future careers, I want to encourage students to create positive change in their communities whether it’s their school life or their surrounding community. 

I believe social justice has such a big impact on our work and I always want to be talking about it with the groups I am involved in. But most importantly, the biggest anchor I feel we have worked with and learned about is leading with. Leading with allows our youth to be a part of their learning and discussions. I have been able to learn so much about how to lead with and how to teach youth how they can lead. I believe it is so important in youth development to allow youth to take control of their own learning. We, as youth workers, are just the key that allows them to open the door to their next chapter. Youth are the ones that must open that door and step through.


Comments

Popular Posts